Welcome to our Rivendell 4th Annual Horse Show!
Your friends and family are welcome to come and spread a blanket on the back lawn for a fun filled day. This year we will also have food and beverages available for purchase. Please sign up for classes as soon as possible so we know how many riders we will have for each class.
Remember this show is for Rivendell Farm boarders and lesson students only.
We will be using the outdoor ring and the entire property, so please note if you are not in the show you will not have access to the ring, but we hope you will attend as a spectator. Anyone not riding in the show who would like to volunteer, we could use your help.
- Halter/Confirmation: Groom your horse to perfection and walk/trot around the ring to show off to the judges. This is an open class.
- Pole Bending: A serpentine in between poles, fastest time wins (knocking over a pole adds five seconds to time).
- Therapeutic Class: This gives our therapeutic riders an opportunity to “strut their stuff”. Walk/trot, all are welcome.
- Flag Race: A cloverleaf pattern. On top of each barrel is a cup with a flag; rider starts out with one flag, rides to the barrels and switches flag in hand with one in cup. Fastest time wins.
- Keyhole: A diagram of a large keyhole is drawn in the ring, the rider must run into the “keyhole", turn the horse around and run out without stepping outside the lines. Fastest time wins.
- Sit a Buck: A dollar bill is placed beneath your leg as you ride bareback. Commands are called out, the last rider with the dollar wins.
- Egg & Spoon: Each rider is given a spoon with an egg on it; commands are given out, last person with the egg still in the spoon wins.
- Champagne Glass: A glass is filled with liquid, riders race across the ring, fastest time with most amount liquid left wins.
- Command class: Commands are called out; last to respond is eliminated, last rider remaining wins.
- Musical Stalls: Stalls (poles) are laid out in the ring, the music plays, when the music stops you must enter into the stalls, horse left out is eliminated, last remaining horse wins.
- Costume Class: Dress up your horse, best costume wins.
*We would appreciate volunteers as sidewalkers for this class and a big audience approval for our brave riders!
Entry fees are $12.00 per class, due at sign up. Again we would appreciate early sign up, please call us, or talk to your instructor if you have any questions.
Click the links for further description of the class event.